The Mineral Corporation understands all aspects of the minerals industry. Located in Johannesburg, South Africa, we are a leading advisory firm focused on the provision of geological and mining engineering services. Through our consulting experience and knowledge, we have added and preserved significant value to our clients and their projects at all stages of development. Some recent examples include:
- advice regarding a corporate structure for our client, following a review of mineral assets, led to the listing of those assets with a market capitalisation of approximately US$420 million
- a due diligence re-estimation of contained platinum group metals resulted in a strategic amendment to the project boundary in favour of our client adding an estimated US$140 million in their favour
- a mine planning review for an underground platinum project saved an estimated US$210 million for our client
- development of a mineralisation model to define an exploration programme identified additional mineralisation resulting in an estimated US$100 million in value to our client
- provision of expert witness testimony assisted our client to rebut a claim of US$240 million
- an understanding of the complex coal stratigraphy of the Tete Coalfileds (Mozambique) has allowed The Mineral Corporation to derive Measured JORC compliant coal resources for a power plant project with a notional NPV of US$200 million.
The Mineral Corporation’s experience and specialist capabilities:
- covers all mineral commodities including gold, platinum group metals, ferrous and base metals, uranium and coal
- are provided to a diverse range of clients from major and mid-tier mining companies to junior explorers, financial, legal and governmental institutions, entrepreneurs and private investors
- allows us to offer an extensive range of services spanning the mineral project value chain from mineral title, through desktop assessments, exploration programmes, resource modelling, mine planning, valuation, scoping, prefeasibility, feasibility, environmental and social sustainability studies to mine development, exploitation and closure
- provides independence to the assessment of your investment risk through due diligence, fatal flaw analysis and benchmarking
- supports competency with regard to reporting codes in most jurisdictions (SAMREC/SAMVAL, JORC/VALMIN, CIM)
- have been applied on all continents but are most frequently utilised in our own back yard, Africa.
The map below illustrates where The Mineral Corporation has conducted assignments: